Every month, the ResearchDataQ editorial board will collect and share info on data-related events, publications, and other resources that may be of interest to the DSS community.
Thanks to Joan Lippincott (Coalition for Networked Information) for resource suggestions this month.
Have an appropriate item to share in a future Data Resources email? Submit your suggestions here: https://researchdataq.org/suggest-a-topic/
Upcoming Events and Opportunities:
Call for proposals for Outlier, a conference organized by the Data Visualization Society. Deadline December 1st 2020.
Roark, K. (2020). Data Management and Curation for Qualitative Research: Collaborative Curriculum Development and Implementation. Journal of eScience Librarianship, 9(1), 6. https://escholarship.umassmed.edu/jeslib/vol9/iss1/6/
Check out the rest of the articles of the most recent issue of the Journal of eScience Librarianship.
Pisa, M. , Dixon, P. , Ndulu, B. and Nwankwo, U. (2020). Governing Data for Development: Trends, Challenges, and Opportunities. CGD Policy Paper 190. Washington, DC: Center for Global Development. https://www.cgdev.org/publication/governing-data-development-trends-challenges-and-opportunities
- 9-part Coalition for Networked Information’s (CNI) Digital Scholarship Planning webinar series
- Recordings and presentations linked from each session here. Recordings are also accessible via Youtube and Vimeo. Presentations include these topics:
- The Case for Developing Digital Scholarship Programs
- Supporting Digital Scholarship During the Pandemic
- Supporting Research
- Initiatives in Teaching & Learning
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Space and Place
- Reflections on Libraries and Digital Scholarship and Looking Ahead
- Set of discussion questions developed for each session accessible from the same link. If you have a digital scholarship planning group at your institution, these questions can be used to frame some of your planning meetings.